Monday, March 28, 2011

Dessert-of-the-Month Club: March


In case you forgot, or hadn't read about this before, I gave my brother-in-law, Russell, a Dessert-of-the-Month gift for Christmas last year (go here for back story). We're three months into it, and I think I'm in a good groove with getting the dessert made around the middle of the month. (Nevermind that I am just now getting around to putting a post on my blog.)

For March Russell asked for fudge brownies. I could have gone the easy route and made them from a box mix (which are usually pretty good and pretty fudgey), but I am trying to do these desserts from scratch as much as possible. Also, since I got stole the idea of the Dessert-of-the-Month Club from another blogging friend of mine, I thought it would be cool to use a brownie recipe that she posted a while back, which actually came from another cooking/blogging friend (I highly suggest checking out both of these blogs on a regular basis). So that's how it came about that I made "Just-Right Brownies" for Russell. And from the smiles on everyone's faces after they ate them, I'd say I made the right decision.

Oh yeah, I need to mention that I pretty much forced Russell to share his dessert with a crowd this month. We (the Masseys and Ryans) were co-hosting some friends, the Norris family (or the Nori as we sometimes refer to them), who live in Birmingham. By co-hosting, I mean that the friends slept at the Ryan's house and otherwise hung out at the Massey's house, except for Saturday breakfast. I offered to make dessert to bring over for Friday's dinner and thought I'd kill two birds with one stone and make Russell's March dessert.


See all the smiles? And that was before they ate the brownies!

No comments: