Tuesday, March 15, 2011

2011 Scripture Memory #6

I cannot believe that it's already the middle of March! I really don't understand where time goes, but it "marches" on, day by day.

In my quiet time on Monday, I was reading from 2 Corinthians 3 about where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty, and I followed the notes that were in the margin and came to some other verses about freedom in Christ. Lately I have been struggling, yet again, with my life-long sin of gluttony, still not getting the concept that I can be free to eat what is good for me and necessary to live, but not over-indulge and put unnecessary weight on my body. It's frustrating and sometimes causes me to despair and feel hopeless about that part of my life, or to feel like I'm unable to be changed.

But that is where the Evil One wants me to be, and he is always ready to feed me lies and try to get me to forget that in Christ, I am free from the bondage to sin. But what Satan forgets or hates to hear is that "if the Son makes you free, you will be free indeed" (John 8:30).

So, for my next memory verse, I want to put some ammunition in my head to help me fight against the lies that Satan wants me to believe. I will keep taking one day at a time with my eating and exercising, as well as with other things that I strive to overcome (or be transformed by God's power). I don't want to go back to what I once was (a slave to sin) and I don't want to use my freedom in Christ as an excuse to give in to fleshly pursuits. I will stand firm and remember that I have been set free!


"You, my brothers and sisters, were called to be free. But do not use your freedom to indulge the flesh; rather, serve one another humbly in love." Galatians 5:13, NIV

No comments: