Tuesday, February 1, 2011

2011 Scripture Memory #3

Happy February! I love this month for many reasons, but I'll save them for another post. For now, I need to stick to the task at hand, which is the third memory verse for 2011. I have to admit that I have been thinking about what verse to choose and have had a little trouble deciding. I have been writing down verses in my prayer journal lately, so I looked back at some of those today and have decided on Isaiah 26:4 from the Amplified Bible:

"So trust in the Lord (commit yourself to Him, lean on Him, hope confidently in Him) forever; for the Lord God is an everlasting Rock [the Rock of Ages]."

I love the parenthetical phrases that go along with "trust in the Lord" and also the reminder that God is not only the Rock, He is the Rock of Ages. Also, if you look at Isaiah 26:3 in the Amplified Bible (go to here if you like to look up verses in different versions/translations), you'll see that those same parenthetical phrases are used there, too. (I'll just go ahead and copy it here for you):

"You will guard him and keep him in perfect and constant peace whose mind [both its inclination and its character] is stayed on You, because he commits himself to You, leans on You, and hopes confidently in You."




So, there you have it: My memory verse for the first half of February (and hopefully it will stay in my mind for a lot longer that that!).

No comments: