Wednesday, February 16, 2011

God's perfect provision

Right before Christmas, I found out that my heat/air unit for my house was in need of major repair. Since it was over 12 years old and the cost to repair it was going to be sizable, the technician suggested that I consider replacing the unit altogether. When the "comfort advisor" (yes, that's his title, and the one who came to my house was the supervisor of the comfort advisors) got to my house, he agreed with the technician's diagnosis and also pointed out that I could get a tax credit if I made the purchase before the end of the year.

Needless to say, I was pretty overwhelmed with the enormity of the situation and with amount of money that it would take to replace the unit, even with the tax credit that I could get. But, I got some good counsel from people I trust and tried to seek the Lord and trust that He would provide for this need, even though with my limited human vision, I could not see how He would do it. I went ahead and had the unit installed and started the process of paying it off.

Now we're into 2011 and it's tax season and I submitted my paperwork to the person who prepares my tax return and waited for her to do the calculations. Well, today I got some big news and am so excited to tell you about it! Including the tax credit that I knew that I would receive from the purchase of the new and more efficient heat/air system, the total amount that I am due to receive as a tax refund is going to almost completely cover the cost of the new system. That's right, along with another sum of money that I received after the first of the year, the tax refund that I will be receiving is going to be exactly what I need!

I am so thankful to God for His perfect provision and am completely humbled by His mercy to me, even in my human inability to see how it would happen. But God knew and His ways are perfect!
  • He provided a "comfort advisor" who was not on commission to come to give me the options and help me to get the best system for my money. 
  • He provided me with people in my life who are knowledgeable about money and other practical things to help me make the decision. 
  • He gave me a sound mind and wisdom to ultimately make the decision and sign on the dotted line. 
  • He provided me a job that gives me income to pay for things like this, and to meet my other material needs. 
  • His timing was perfect in that I found out about this before the end of the year, so that I could take advantage of the tax credit.
  • He knew exactly what my refund would be for 2010 and that I would get this news today!

Praise God from Whom ALL blessings flow!
I am overwhelmed by His goodness and am overflowing with thankfulness!

1 comment:

Christi said...

HE sufficiently provides for our needs! Thanks for sharing!