So, for Day One of 30 Days of Thankfulness, I am thankful for Jesus Christ.
I have known about Jesus since I was a very young child. I'm told that I used to go around the house singing, "Jesus, Jesus, Jesus, sweetest name I know . . .," and I accepted Him as my Savior and was baptized when I was eight years old. As I grew up, I continued to grow in my relationship with Christ, but it was a slow process and I was not always very committed to becoming more like Him. Over the years, Jesus has become more and more precious to me. As I have come to understand more about what He did for me on the cross, how helpless in my sin I was and how amazing His grace, I have grown into a deeper and deeper relationship with Jesus and cannot imagine living life without my faith in Him.
So now, in November 2010, as a 40-something-year-old woman who has been a follower of Christ for most of her life, this is why I am so thankful for Jesus:
- He's my Constant Companion
- He's my Best Friend
- He's my Continual Presence (Immanuel, God with Us)
- He's the Lover of my soul
- He is the culmination of all of my hopes and dreams
- Jesus is The Way, The Truth and The Life
- He is my Savior, my Redeemer
- He is my Provider, my Protector
- He is my Sustainer, my Satisfaction
- Jesus is the One Who knows me
- He is the One Who intercedes for me.
- Jesus completes me!
Thank you, Lord!