Sunday, November 28, 2010

30 Days of Thankfulness: Day Twenty-eight

For Day Twenty-eight, I am thankful for volunteers.

Greeters. Offering Ushers/Counters. Bulletin Preparers. Security Team. Prayer Counselors. Welcome Center Team. Communion Preparers and Servers.

On any given Sunday at Grace Community Church, we have about 40-plus volunteers who serve in various, vital capacities. That's over 100 volunteers a month (and that's not counting the volunteers for the children's ministry). It is part of my job to help recruit and to coordinate the schedules for these weekly volunteers.

I am thankful for each person who gives his/her time to commit to serve on one (or more) of these teams each month. Each role is important to the life of our church and these volunteers make a huge difference in the experience that visitors and members have when they come to our church. Each smiling face, helpful word, selfless service makes an impact on the kingdom of God.

Many years ago, while a member of another church, I took part in some training to help church members find a place to use their gifts to serve in the church. I realized how passionate I am about helping people find their niche. We left that church before I could really see the training fully implemented, but I am so thankful that God, in His sovereignty, did not let that training, or my passion, go to waste. He is using me now to help others find a place to serve and He is using the organizational gifts He gave me to help make sure that all these volunteers have a place on Sunday mornings at Grace. Thank you, Lord!

No comments: