Monday, November 22, 2010

30 Days of Thankfulness: Day Twenty-two

For Day Twenty-two, I am thankful for God's Presence and Peace.

When I was coming up with my list of things to be thankful for, the continual presence of God and His peace that passes all understanding" were probably two separate ideas. However, when I read the devotional reading in Jesus Calling for Sunday, I liked how the writer combined the two, so I will share what she wrote (written from Jesus' first person perspective):

"Thank Me throughout this day for My Presence and My Peace. These are gifts of supernatural proportions. Ever since the resurrection, I have comforted My followers with these messages:  Peace be with you, and I am with you always. Listen as I offer you My Peace and Presence in full measure. The best way to receive these glorious gifts is to thank Me for them.

It is impossible to spend too much time thanking and praising Me. I created you first and foremost to glorify Me. Thanksgiving and praise put you in proper relationship with Me, opening the way for My riches to flow into you. As you thank Me for My Presence and Peace, you appropriate My richest gifts."

As I grow in my relationship with Jesus, I am learning that when I pray for God's presence to be with me (or someone else I am praying for) or ask Jesus give me peace, that prayer will always be answered. In fact, there is nowhere that I can go and be out of God's presence (Psalm 139:7-10). And Jesus IS our Prince of Peace (Isaiah 9:6). This is all why we can go ahead and thank God for His Presence and Peace. Because He is the Great I AM!

No comments: