Wednesday, November 10, 2010

30 Days of Thankfulness: Day Ten

For Day Ten, I am thankful for my college friends.

During my college years, I met many people who became life-long friends to me. Many of them I am in touch with today, and even though I don't see them very often, they are very special to me.



Two friends from my college days have become like family to me. Leanne Goddard and Rhesa Umbarger are the kind of friends that when we are able to get together for a visit, it feels like we were never apart and can pick up right where we left off. I am so thankful for the history that we have together (24 years now--yikes!) and for their encouragement, prayers, and continued friendship through the years. They are such gifts in my life and have walked with me through the good, bad and the ugly parts of my life. I can only hope and pray that one day, we will be walking on Belmont's campus, using our matching walkers, and reminisce about the fun years we had "back in the day".

No comments: