Thursday, August 5, 2010

Fruit Pizza!



A couple of weeks ago, I needed to take a dessert to a party, so I decided to make a fruit pizza. It turned out so well, I think I kind of impressed myself!

Of course, I had to take a picture. And it had to be quick because it was HOT and it was almost time for me to leave!

If you want a really easy and pretty dessert to bring to a party, here's my version:

1 roll refrigerated sugar cookie dough

1 block light cream cheese

3/4 c. sugar (to taste)

assorted fresh fruit

1. Preheat oven according to package directions. Slice dough and lay the rounds on a pan (round or rectangle). Bake according to package directions, but don't let it get too crispy.

2. When the crust comes out of the oven, use a spatula to gently press down the dough to make it uniformly flat on the pan.

3. While crust is cooling, mix cream cheese and sugar. When the crust is cool, spread cream cheese mixture on top of crust. (If you will not be serving the pizza within a couple of hours, keep crust/cream cheese in the refrigerator without fruit on top.)

4. Cut up assorted fruit. Arrange on top of crust/cream cheese.

5. Slice and enjoy (sharing optional)

This will definitely be one I do again!

No comments: