Monday, October 5, 2009

God's grace is amazing!

Amazing Grace
How sweet the sound
Amazing Love
Now flowing down
From hands and feet
That were nailed to the tree
As Grace flows down and covers me

I hesitate to even write about this, but it's on my mind and heart, so I waited until the day is almost over. It's not about pity or sorrow, as much as I just have to tell you about God's amazing grace to me.

October 4th and 5th are days I will always remember. Four years ago, on October 4th, my divorce became final. It was pretty anticlimatic for most everyone involved. It had already been a year and a half since the marriage had broken up, but it became official on October 4. Ironically, October 5th is the day the marriage began. Today would have been the 18th anniversary.

I won't tell you that I didn't think of these dates coming up and that they went unnoticed in my mind. Thanks to my gracious Lord, He brought me through these past two days with true joy in my heart. Not joy because of my circumstances, because I still hate divorce and what it did to my family. But true joy because of the grace that I have received from the day I was born, and because of the grace that God has shown me over these past years of being single again. He has truly upheld me with His righteous right hand and has never left me or forsaken me. I can believe those promises from Isaiah more now than I could five or six years ago.

Some evidences of His grace that I've seen and felt over the past couple of days are:

* Being able to be with friends and fellow church members for worship on Sunday
* Being told that just seeing me is an encouragement to a friend who is going through a marital separation
* Receiving unexpected compliments
* Receiving a text from my sweet sister today
* Reminders from scripture when reading today's devotion in "Jesus Calling"
* The fact that these days being in October don't ruin the whole month for me

So, I just had to write about this tonight. I didn't want to make a big deal about these days, but wanted to let others know of God's wonderful acts and encourage others to seek His face and His strength. It's His amazing grace that covers us and gets us through the tough things in this life.

"Give thanks to the LORD, call on his name;
make known among the nations what he has done.
Sing to him, sing praise to him;
tell of all his wonderful acts.
Glory in his holy name;
let the hearts of those who seek the LORD rejoice.
Look to the LORD and his strength;
seek his face always."
1 Chronicles 16:8-11

2 comments:

Jeanette said...

Good post. It is all about His grace. I love you.

robin said...

Thank you for sharing your heart. God's grace is amazing and He is so loving and kind!